With Yuletide and Christmas on the horizon it is current and fitting to mention Marketing & PR Tactics for the season. In fact, you could tag them into Christmas Past, Present and Future.
It has been particularly challenging for businesses over the past year. Many of us have to adapt to these unprecedented times. Have you identified what has worked for your business and what has been tried and tested in previous years? Did you discover what Marketing and PR tactics have worked for you? Can you identify which campaigns you going to make an important part of your future marketing campaigns?
Tactics, and Tips for Christmas!
Communicate urgency and catered to for last-minute consumers. A prime example of this type of tactic is ‘Black Friday.’An excellent marketing campaign to urge people to buy.
Begin to send Christmas e-card to clients and customers and be inventive – send a message they will remember. Although, we are in the digital era many people continue to receive traditional Christmas cards in their mail.
Traditional New Year cards are an extension of the festive period, and your customers will have them displayed long after the 12th day re-iterating your message and showcasing your brand and trademark.
7 PR suggestions for Christmas Present
1. Start a seasonal countdown for twelve bargains of Christmas’ SMS messaging and posting onto your social media and video channels.
2. Start using #hashtags with a festive and cheerful Christmas theme.
3. Begin to start posting exclusive January preview alerts for sale and discounted items.
4. Initiate and introduce PR campaigns with gift suggestions and promos tailored to your business. For example, Advent Calendars are festive and fun and an excellent way to raise awareness of your brand.
5. Adapt and modify your logo and social media profiles to include elements associated with Christmas and use it throughout the festive season, both online and in any printed media. However, ensure it doesn’t negatively influence brand recognition.
6. Add and enhance festive designs to your social media header images, either as a single Christmas-themed image for the duration of the festive season or, regularly updated to reflect any promotional offers of the season.
7. Blog posts can still add value to the lives of your customers, while having additional seasonal themes and appeal.
Christmas is an optimum time to post short, relevant videos that help your customers – without being exaggeratedly promotional. For example, gift wrapping ideas or how to make your own decorations, and Christmas Wreaths. These videos can be used on your website, social media accounts, and referenced in email marketing campaigns.
Your customers and clients will be reminded of your product’s everyday throughput the Christmas period. An ideal opportunity to promote your brand and display your messages for approximately a month.