If you’re seeking an experienced Marketing and PR professional with excellent communication and organisational skills, my extensive knowledge and experience in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Customer Service, Event Management, Digital Marketing, Social Media and PR will prove invaluable.
With over 20 years experience in the Education sector, and B2B and B2C markets, I can share my strategic thinking to really hit the marketing objectives of your organisation.
A conscientious and dedicated team player, I have the ability to connect with people. I am passionate about any task I undertake, and I believe my personality and my passion will add value to any company.
Val is the Founder of Defero Marketing Consultancy Limited. She also works in collaboration with other business colleagues, delivering business workshops for women and media campaigns.
Val is a mentor for the Business Growth Company and, Enterprising You both based in Manchester and she is also an Enterprise Advisor with the Greater Manchester Combined Authority. Val also lends her hand to radio presenting and she is a Business Leader Radio Presenter, Interviewing Representatives from the Business Sector, Charities and Communities for the Business Link podcasts on behalf of Quest Media
Val has received many awards and accreditations to date including:
- FSB Micro Business of the Year 2019 – Area Finalist
- Nominations for the Northern Power Women Awards for ‘One to Watch’ and Mentor of the Year 2017
- Nomination: CEO Monthly’s Business Woman of the year 2017
- EVA award winner for Savvy Guest: Internet Industry of the year 2016
- Shortlisted for the Talk of Manchester: Innovation and Newcomer categories, 2015
- Finalist in the Pride of Tameside Business Awards: Creative, Technology and Digital Category 2015, and Best Start up Business for BEC, 2017.
In her spare time Val enjoys walking, socialising and enjoys visits to the Lowry Theatre and productions in Stratford upon Avon when time permits.
Who I Work With
Defero specialises in working with niche groups including the Legal sector, Franchisees and Charities.
Val and her team are also passionate about supporting SMEs and Women’s Groups with all aspects of their marketing and social media. In particular, Val has an affinity with Women Entrepreneurs over 50 who are in the process of starting their own business.